Friday 6 April 2012

Lets start at the beginning then!!!!

so here goes! Amelia-Jayne's adventures started really back in May 2010 when I lost her little brother or sister. All was going well in the pregnancy went to my 12 week scan only to be told that the baby had died about a week before. Clearly me and Mr H ( my hubby) were devastated to be told this. After waiting nearly 2 weeks, for the hospital to decide whether to let me naturally miscarry or surgically remove the failed pregnancy, I hemorrhaged at home in front of my 3 other children and was rushed to hospital via Ambulance. The hospital then decided that surgically removing the pregnancy was the best option!

Mr H and I discussed whether getting pregnant again would be a good idea as we didn't want to have the heartache of loosing another baby so we put it to the back of our minds and continued with normal daily life.

Well you can imagine our surprise come September when mother nature failed to arrive!! I did 6, yes 6, pregnancy tests in one go ( they were the dip in the pot of pee ones) and one by one they all popped up positive! Excitement welled up inside of me then just as quick as it came vanished as I thought back to my earlier miscarriage. I told Mr H straightaway and bless him he just wasn't feeling the excitement, he was just filled with dread that I was going to put myself and him through another heartache. About a week after finding out I was pregnant came the most horrendous morning sickness ( although I question the name as it came any time of the sodding day including the school run!! Oh yes I threw up in the playground!) Now people say a healthy sign of pregnancy is good old morning sickness so I took that as a good sign! We waited with baited breath for our 12 week scan and the day we had been dreading but looking forward to arrived. I walked in, burst in to tears, whilst Mr H explained to the sonographer why I was so emotional! She was lovely though and as soon as she found Miss AJ she whipped the screen round and showed me her pounding little heart. Now Mr H was excited! We had got to 12 weeks! Hurrah!

4 comments:

  1. It must have been terrifying after the misscarrage. :-but yay! miss A.J was there, a little girl destined to be with you., looking forward to reading more .. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to consider having another child after a rough road with one. Hubby and I would like another but are both scared of the trauma we went through with Adam. I keep hesitating to actually "start trying" despite our agreement that we will...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are certainly not having anymore! As I will explain in future blog x

    ReplyDelete