Friday 6 April 2012

And so the adventure begins.........

So I decided to start my own blog, recording my adventures with my premature daughter Miss Amelia-Jayne!

Her first birthday is looming around the corner and all of a sudden I feel like I am reliving the whole nicu experience! Not just when I go to sleep, but I start day dreaming about it in the middle of the day or when I am walking around the local supermarket.

Many people have said to me I should start writing everything down as it can be a good source of therapy. I started a support group on Facebook called I <3 my preemie just after AJ came home as I was looking for other parents who had been in my situation. A lot of my wonderful and very brave members have given there story about the birth of their preemies, but I, as of yet, have not! I did guest feature on a blog owned by one of my preemie gang members though so I suppose thats a great start!

So in my own words I will begin to start the adventures of a preemie diva over the next couple of days and will try not to bore everyone!

Love Dee and The Diva!

5 comments:

  1. Hello *waves*

    I personally have found writing things down really helps. A lot of it can be mindless waffle, but it help sort my internal mess out without boring the socks off anyone I know. So much is ground I could go over again and again and writing is a godsend some days.
    I had the same feelings near the first birthday. I began to think I was going crackers and went to see my GP worried I was about to loose it completely. In the end the actual day felt quite numb and ensuing weeks, like I couldn't quite comprehend we were a year on. Once we were around 1 year corrected though I really relaxed. Not sure that is any help but I look forward to reading more! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay, I am honoured to comment on the birth of your blog. Many congratulations.. May it be a great source of therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the replies! I will certainly be following you both also. Just trying to pen in my head how to start AJ's adventure as its a looooong story! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh fantastic looking forward to learning more about your preemie diva!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dee, I'm an NICU Mom, my son was a term baby but had GBS Meningitis. We just celebrated/remembered the first anniversary a couple of weeks ago so I understand the mixed feelings. I don't know if it might be any help to you, but as I explored how we were feeling, I talked a lot to my health visitor about it and ended up writing a post called, "how long does grief last?" Perhaps reading it might help your reflections.x

    http://www.walkingforadam.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/tuesday-27th-march-2012.html

    ReplyDelete